API - documentation
X-Authorization-ApiKeyextra header parameter with your API-key if you want to call the API on your site.
For this demo, you can use the test API-key:
123456789 to test the API services. Click on the
Authorize button and set the API key.
THIS DATA IS NOT REAL, PROVIDED FOR DEMO PURPOSE ONLY!!! FOR REAL DATA PLEASE CREATE THE ACCOUNT AND ACQUIRE YOUR API KEY!
A list of FindTEU API error codes
|2||Carrier not responding.|
|3||Container not found.|
|4||Carrier performing system maintenance.|
|6||Invalid container number.|
|7||Carrier not suported.|
|201||API key is not set.|
|202||API key incorrect|
|203||API key has exceeded the limit of requests.|
|204||Account is restricted.|
|205||Method not allowed.|
|206||SCAC is incorrect or not suported.|
|207||Container number is not set or invalid.|
|208||API service is temporary unavailable.|
|209||Webhook URL is incorrect.|
Still have questions?
FindTEU is an event-based API, which means that the API can be used asynchronously. In general you can use two methods for getting data from FindTEU API:
- 1. HTTP WEBHOOK PUSH API
- 1.1 You send a tracking request to the API with your container number, API key and webhook URL
- 1.2 The API will respond that it has successfully received your Tracking Request and within 60 second will return the container data that is available at that time to your webhook.
- 1.3 After you have submitted a tracking request, the container is tracked automatically by FindTEU.
- 1.4 You will be updated when anything changes or more data becomes available automatically. FindTEU sends updates relating to container you track via posts to the webhook you have registered. Generally speaking, updates occur when containers reach milestones, ETA updates can happen at any time. Updates will stop when loaded container will leave the last container yard, will be delivered to consignee or devanned.
- 1.5 At any time you can directly request a list of subscribed containers from FindTEU and delete unwanted containers from that list.
- 2. GET/POST API
- 2.1 You send a tracking request to the API with your container number and API key
- 2.2 The API within 60 second will return the container data that is available at that time to your output.
- 2.3 In case you want to update the container data you should repeat your request
A Webhook is another name for a web-based callback URL, or a HTTP Push API. Webhooks provide a method for an API to post a notification to your service. Specifically, a webhook is simply a URL that can receive HTTP Post Requests from the FindTEU.
The API uses Bearer Token style authentication. This means you send your API Key as your token in every request.
To get your API token - go to your account API settings
The token should be sent with each API request in the Authentication header: